Creating our brand, we agreed on one basic goal: 0% plastic. ALWAYS.
Each material and each yarn are carefully selected. We collect all manufacturing waste in order to recycle it (read about our PHILOSOPHY). Continuously searching for new solutions, we strive for our offer to generate as little environmental cost as possible.
The anatomy of merino wool beanies and other accessories that you can find in our shop:
We only use merino wool that is .MULESING FREE. merino wool - that means, that the wool comes from no-mulesed farms, where the so-called "mulesing", a cruel method to limit the growth of wool in the backs of sheep, is not used. It is cruel, unnecessary and our dream was to have wool from farms that care for the welfare of animals - we made it! You can read more about mulesing here: MULESING FREE
- We use only highest-quality wool – Merino Extra Fine,
- The yarn is certified by WOOLMARK, an independent global expert in wool protection. The certificate states that wool in unprocessed, does not include any broken or damaged fibres and contaminations, and comes from live animals.
- The yarn holds an Oeko-Tex 100 certificate – meaning that in the manufacturing and dying process only high-quality materials were used and the yarn is free from harmful substances.
- We cooperate solely with proven suppliers with high quality and work-related ethical standards who care for their employees and provide proper remuneration for them.
- You can read more on wool qualities HERE
- All external labels are made of WASHPAPA - washable kraft paper also known as vegan leather.
- It has the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certificate - which is a symbol of the guarantee of testing textiles for the presence of harmful substances.
- Washpapa is made out of sustainable paper and is produced in Europe with respect for human rights.
All internal labels (laundry labels) are made of raw 100% cotton - that makes our products 100% natural and recyclable.
Summer hats are designed from high-quality 100% cotton airy corduroy - it is Oeko-Tex 100 certified - it means that high-quality raw materials were used for production and dyeing, and the material is free from harmful substances.